Benefits of Independent Medical Examination (IME)Some of the benefits you can get from attending an IME include the following:
- Get an objective opinion in a medical-legal case against your employer.
- Resolve concerns and disputes regarding medical treatment and your condition.
- Reveal obstacles that may otherwise prevent you from getting fast resolutions.
- Determine a relevant treatment plan.
- Uncover a missed or inappropriate diagnosis and can also help doctors devise a new treatment plan that can aid your recovery.
What An IME Tries To AchieveGoing to an IME is in your best interest since it achieves the following:
- Offering treatment recommendations that can speed up recovery.
- Determine causation to a reasonable degree of medical certainty.
- Figure out the duration of care required.
- Figure out whether you have acquired the max benefit from the treatment.
- Determine medical restrictions and the work restrictions you may face because of your condition.
- Set a relevant target date for your maximum medical improvement status.